Questions to ask
Listed below are some questions that may be helpful when first talking with members of the treatment team.
- Who are the members of my health care team?
- Who is my main contact person?
- Who will be involved in discussions about my treatment and care?
- Who can I call if I have questions about my treatment and care?
- Can I bring a friend/family member to my appointments?
- Do you mind if I tape record our discussion?
- Can you write down what you have told me?
- Who should I contact in an emergency?