Questions to ask
Listed below are some questions that may be helpful when talking about targeted therapies for breast cancer:
- Can I benefit from treatment with a targeted therapy? Which one is suitable for me?
- What are my other treatment options if targeted therapies are not of benefit to me?
- How much will treatment cost?
- When will I start treatment with targeted therapy if I am having other treatments?
- How will treatment be given?
- Will I need to go to hospital to receive my treatment?
- How often will I have treatment?
- Will I need any extra tests or follow-up if I am receiving a targeted therapy?
- What are the possible side effects of the targeted therapy you are recommending?
- When are side effects likely to occur?
- Who should I contact if side effects happen?
- How can I manage side effects if they develop?
- Can I take part in any clinical trials?