Questions to ask
Listed below are some useful questions that may be helpful when discussing surgery to the armpit:
- Do I need surgery to my armpit?
- What type of surgery to the armpit do you recommend?
- When will I have surgery to the armpit? Will I have surgery to the armpit at the same time as my breast surgery?
- How long will the operation take?
- What can I do to make myself more comfortable during the procedure?
- What are the risks and benefits of the surgery you are recommending?
- What kind of training and experience do you have in sentinel node biopsy? How long have you been undertaking sentinel node biopsy?
- Can you refer me to someone who has training in sentinel node biopsy?
- Will I need further surgery if you find cancer cells in my sentinel node?
- Are there any clinical trials I can join?