Questions to ask
Listed below are some questions that may be helpful when talking about surgery for breast cancer:
- What type of surgery is best for me?
- What will surgery involve?
- Do you specialise in breast cancer surgery? Can you refer me to someone who specialises in breast cancer surgery?
- Where will the scars be and what will they look like?
- How long will I be in hospital?
- How long will I take to recover?
- What side effects can I expect?
- Who should I contact if side effects happen?
- How much will the surgery cost?