Questions to ask about radiotherapy
Listed below are some questions that may be helpful when talking about radiotherapy.
- Is radiotherapy recommended for me?
- Where will I need to go for radiotherapy?
- If I have to travel a long way for radiotherapy, can I get financial support for travel and accommodation costs?
- How long will radiotherapy last?
- What side effects can I expect and when? How can I manage them?
- Who should I contact if side effects develop?
- Can I still work while I’m having radiotherapy?
- Can I still drive while I’m having radiotherapy?
- When will I have radiotherapy if I’m having other treatments for breast cancer?
- Will radiotherapy affect whether I can have a breast reconstruction?
- Will radiotherapy affect whether I can breastfeed?
- How much will radiotherapy cost?