Listed below are some questions that may be helpful when discussing practical support during treatment for breast cancer.
- What will the treatment you are recommending cost?
- Will I need to have time off work?
- If I take time off work, how do I apply for temporary income support?
- Will I need to travel for treatment?
- Am I eligible for help with travel and accommodation costs?
- How can I find out about help with childcare while I’m being treated?
- How can I find out about home help while I am being treated?
- How can I find out about counselling or psychological support?
- How can I find out about help with the costs of prostheses or wigs?
Listed below are some questions that might be useful to ask a health fund about treatment costs during treatment for breast cancer.
- Which treatments are covered by my insurance?
- Which treatments are not covered by my insurance?
- Does my insurance cover other services, such as the cost of breast prostheses or wigs?
- If I claim for a particular treatment now, does that affect what treatments I can claim for later?
- What’s the gap between the cost of treatment and the private medical insurance rebate?