|What are they?
- Sores or broken skin on a pressure point on the body that develop due to pressure of lying or sitting
|What causes them?
- Lying or sitting in one position for long periods
|How to avoid them
- Try and move or change position as much as possible
- If you are confined to bed, a palliative care or community nurse can show your carers how to move you properly
- Special mattresses are available and may be useful (see your community nurse or palliative care team for more information)
updated: Fri, 23/06/2017 - 13:22