Questions to ask about breast cancer diagnosis
Questions to ask about tests for breast cancer
Listed below are some questions that may be helpful when talking about tests for breast cancer:
- Which tests do I need to have?
- What will the test show?
- What are the risks of the test?
- What will the test involve?
- How much will the test cost?
- How will I feel during/after the test?
- Can I bring a friend/family member with me while I have the test?
- Can you write my test results down?
- Will the results of my tests make any difference to what treatments I can have?
Questions to ask when discussing breast cancer test results
- Where is my breast cancer?
- Can I have a copy of my pathology report?
- Can you explain my pathology report to me?
- Is my breast cancer hormone receptor positive or HER2 positive? What does this mean for me?
- Can you write down what you have told me so that I can read it again later?